SHPO EMERGENCY CORONAVIRUS
Providing Help and Hope
In a Time of Need
As we are aware the Coronavirus has come to the USA and those that have been affected by the virus are at record numbers. Many of our day to day living resources have ceased as part of the statewide shutdown. This has left many people homeless, without food or shelter. We at SHPO decided to come up with an innovative way to help. Our Coronavirus page is designed to be a strength, help and navigational resource to connect people to the services they need. Below you will find how to receive money, loans, grants and other relief.
What Is Coronavirus
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
To learn more about the coronavirus click the red button to the left.
Stimulus Check Information
To receive a stimulus check. You must be 16 years of age and older and not an dependent of anyone and previously filed a return.
Our Food Pantry Link and How To Donate. Also how to donate other items needed.
How Much Will I get?
If you made less than $75,000 in 2019, you will be eligible for the full payment of $1,200. Couples who filed jointly and made less than $150,000 will get $2,400. An individual who filed as "head of household" and earned $112,500 or less gets $1,200.
How Do I Receive The Check?
IIf you've gotten a tax refund in the last two years by direct deposit, that's where the money will be sent. If not, the IRS can mail a check to your "last known address," and it has 15 days to notify you of the method and amount of the payment. They'll send a phone number and appropriate point of contact so you can tell them if you didn't receive it.
If you’ve moved recently, it may be a good idea to notify the IRS as soon as possible. The IRS also suggests that if you haven't yet filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019, do it as soon as you can, so that the government has your up-to-date information on file.
What If I haven't Filed Taxes In a Few Years or Owe Back Taxes. Will I Still Receive a Check?
Yes, you will still receive a check. Make sure your current address is on file with the IRS.
Click IRS address change form 8822 here. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf
What If I am Homeless or Recently Out of Jail?
As long as you have a Social Security number, you should be eligible to apply for the relief payments under the new system created by the IRS.
To Learn More About Stimulus Check Click Here https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/coronavirus-checks-direct-deposits-are-coming-here-s-everything-you-n1168936
A Few of The Benefits Rolled Out In The C.A.R.E.S ACT
(Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act)
Small Businesses Should Contact The (SBA) Small Business Administration For Loans and Grants.
Those Seeking Higher Education Emergency Loan and Grants Should Contact The Department of Education.
Those That Are Seeking A Mortgage Loan Modification. Please Contact Your Mortgage Loan Provider. You Are Guaranteed a Loan Modification.
Benefits In The C.A.R.E.S Act
1. Ready Reserve Corps - Professional Health Care Volunteer Teams that provide boots on the ground medical services in case of emergencies or natural disasters. They will also be dealing with the current opioid crisis.
2. TeleHealth – Remote Health Care via live streaming.
3. Emergency Education Opportunity Grants – Grants issued during and after coronavirus for retooling.
4. National Health Service Corps- Revised grant program for Health Care Education Careers.
5. Income Tax Rebates will be issued next year for tax year 2020. $600 single, $1,200 joint
6. Federal Reserve Main Street Business Lending program – Banks were given 4 Trillion to make loans to medium and small business affected by the coronavirus.
7. All FHA backed mortgage loan borrowers can receive a hardship loan modification regardless of cause.
8. For Renters: Anyone on section 8 cannot get evicted until after December 31, 2020. The landlord can file for hardship reimbursement.
9. Express Business Loans –Expedited business loans to small businesses due to the coronavirus
(There is NO Federal Reserve Digital Dollar or Federal Postal Banking program in the Bill. It was proposed but not passed nor incorporated in the Bill.)
10. Small Business Development Centers for Women – Business centers created by women through grants, education and training help other women.
11. Minority Business Development Agency and Centers. This is to create a digital telework and network of new and connected businesses that create a supply chain that can act quickly in moving and delivering goods and services to needed area’s in case of natural disasters or emergencies. Also they will provide live remote peer to peer technology services to boots on the ground. Grants are available through SBA.
NOTE The 2017 $100 Billion Opportunity Zone money is still on the table. It allows you to create any business or social service you want. It expires in 2026
HOMELESS SHELTER DIRECTORY
This link will connect you to all the homeless shelters in the State of Georgia according to the county in which you live.
Still Can't Find What You Need? Give Us a Call and We'll Point You in The Right Direction. We Do Not Place. We Only Refer.
FREE COV-19 Testing at North Clayton
FREE COV-19 Drive Thru Testing for the Family Heath Center at North Clayton High School | North Clayton School Based Health Center Family and Community. If you have fever or shortness of breathe, sore throat, body aches, loss of taste or diarrhea call 1.800.935.6721 for testing info. Testing is performed by the Family Health Centers of Georgia. For a medical emergency call 911. Most of all Be Safe!!
In Augusta Ga
Free Coronavirus screening at Augusta University Health. Download the form below for more information. You also install the Augusta University Health app
Get Your New or Renewed
Social Security Card
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus many will need a new or renewed Social Security Card. The Social Security Administration has provided instructions how to obtain your new card. You can download the form with instructions by clicking the button below. Also below is an downloadable instruction form to create a Social Security Online Account to the The Social Security Administration.
Check Out Our SHPO Coronavirus Video
Covid-19 Crisis Assistance
The Summit Wellness Group
Georgia Crisis & Access Line - 1-800-715-4225
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention, and crisis resources. 1-800-273-8255
The Summit Wellness Group - Local Atlanta based addiction and mental health treatment center that provides support, referrals, and care to individuals from throughout the state. Their website features comprehensive suicide and overdose prevention support resource guides.
Peer2Peer Warm Line - A free service provided by the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network that features 24/7 support for individuals experiencing chronic or acute behavioral health challenges - including depression, anxiety, and trauma. 888-945-1414
For More Information Contact:
The Summit Wellness Group
SHPO hosted it's annual Thanksgiving turkey give away. We supplied food and items to those in need. The event was a success.